vrijdag 10 juni 2011

Creative friday

I made this little fabulous hat. It is a new-born size.For ages I had lying around 3 skeins of baby-alpaca blended with silk. It is the softest yarn I ever felt. I knew it had to become a baby thing, but what???

Then I was in the library last monday and found this fabulous book. It has a basic babyhat patern and about 20 different ways of making that patern unique. I made this hat, but guess I will make more soon :)

I also tried wool dyeing with Kool-aid.

As we have no microwave I had to do it "au bain mary".

The colours are horrible, but that was all I had. In Holland Kool aid is not for sale, ands these purple and yellow bags were a gift of a wool dyer I know.

It turned out really well, although the combination of these two colours are terrible, it was so nice to try! I will give this away to a bunch of people I know that make a sockyarn blanket. They might like a little patch of this grazy yarn in their blanket.


I loved doing it, when I can get my hands on some other kool aid, I will make a nicer colour sceme, knowing now how to do it :)

2 opmerkingen:

ziezo zei

Leuk mutsje. Voor felere kleuren wol kun je ook azijn en voedsel kleurstof gebruiken. Eenvoudig om met de kinderen samen te doen en goede resultaten.

momma rae zei

hello love! i have been very quiet in blog as of late. so nice to pop in for a visit here though. would you like me to send you some kool-aid? only if you promise not to drink it though! ;)